Life updates
Wednesday, 2 September 2026 17:47Ugh.... i don't even know if it's a good thing, or a bad thing, that I've been so busy with life that I don't have the time to write here.
I guess mid-life crisis and all that? I've newly "officially" joined a gym. Why "officially"? I actually joined a gym back in May on a trial promotion thing, which rand out in mid-August, then I extended for one month. And throughout these last few months, I had been diligent. Some people have said I look slimmer (but on the scale I've actually gained weight) but I just find that going to the gym to be quite.... de-compressing if I can say so. Last week I signed up for 12 months full (at a promotion price... I was waiting for that promotion price!). It's only a pity I could not find a friend who's mentally at the same place as I am in terms of mid-life crisis LOL, so I couldn't snag the two-person promotion. Anyway.
Big news wise? None really. Oh I signed up for a full marathon for next March. I dunno if I can do it. But. I'd give it a go. The running friend that actually got me all excited about one day going on a marathon has lost her drive, and it felt like she was really unwilling to join. Which honestly was fine, I would have gone and looked for another partner (I'm also in a running group now!) but she made a whole show of joining with me, but signing up for the half marathon.
This running friend I have, I have been annoyed at her. We have been happily exchanging videos, reels, and memes, but recently she's been getting on my nerves. Like when share with her some promotion, she'd get all moody and say "but it's outside of my travel area," which, fair enough, but I thought you'd like to be in the know?
She got some work stuff going on that made her really grumpy, but it's getting excessive. She was telling me about her trip and out of the blue she was complaining about "Air Fuck" (her exact words) and I was like... what? There's like a dozen airlines that is "Air *something*" so I have no idea what "Air Fuck" could refer to. Or talking about manicures, which was fine, then saying she'd get blood red ones to express her fuckstration. Hm..... it's getting a bit tiring. Negativity fatigue?
My boss' plan of giving me a pay rise has been banned by the company. HR called me to say "company business is not good," which, come on, I've worked here for almost 20 years, I know that for a fact, and had you just said this reason, I wouldn't be as annoyed. The next thing she said "we couldn't see your job scope having increased," this annoyed me. Oh right? Fine. So all the loose ends, odd jobs that nobody seemed to want to pick up but I did? Technically not in my job scope, so I'm not doing it anymore. If they come around and ask me why I'm not doing what I've been doing? I'll ask them to point that out where in my job scope mentioned that. And when I asked "Are you going to inform my boss?" She went "i didn't receive any communication from your boss, so I'm not going to send a reply to him." WTF? So who was that pay rise form submitted initiated by? Myself? My boss did it, and that is proof of a communication, no?
And refusing to provide a written trail of communication? Fine. I'll write it myself. No response so far.
But it's fine. That's all fine. I'm playing the long game. Let's see how this further develops.
Dad's been having some more memory issues, but the funny thing is when he went to the hospital for a check (whatever type of check that is), he was actually more alert and sprightly than ever. The only thing is couldn't successfully do was recite 100 minus 7 for 4 times. Heck, I don't think I could do it either. The first 93 is easy. Next is 86 maybe. Then 79? 72? 65? But i have time now to think about it. If i were on the spot to answer that verbally, I know I wouldn't be able to do it either.
On his other check up, the doctor seemed to have seen something and asked for more tests. Mom is already getting worried and is talking about his cancer coming back and spreading. I'm just telling her "you don't really know that so just wait until the doctor says something." Why worry beforehand?
Book-wise, I haven't read much. Haven't been feeling it lately.
I guess mid-life crisis and all that? I've newly "officially" joined a gym. Why "officially"? I actually joined a gym back in May on a trial promotion thing, which rand out in mid-August, then I extended for one month. And throughout these last few months, I had been diligent. Some people have said I look slimmer (but on the scale I've actually gained weight) but I just find that going to the gym to be quite.... de-compressing if I can say so. Last week I signed up for 12 months full (at a promotion price... I was waiting for that promotion price!). It's only a pity I could not find a friend who's mentally at the same place as I am in terms of mid-life crisis LOL, so I couldn't snag the two-person promotion. Anyway.
Big news wise? None really. Oh I signed up for a full marathon for next March. I dunno if I can do it. But. I'd give it a go. The running friend that actually got me all excited about one day going on a marathon has lost her drive, and it felt like she was really unwilling to join. Which honestly was fine, I would have gone and looked for another partner (I'm also in a running group now!) but she made a whole show of joining with me, but signing up for the half marathon.
This running friend I have, I have been annoyed at her. We have been happily exchanging videos, reels, and memes, but recently she's been getting on my nerves. Like when share with her some promotion, she'd get all moody and say "but it's outside of my travel area," which, fair enough, but I thought you'd like to be in the know?
She got some work stuff going on that made her really grumpy, but it's getting excessive. She was telling me about her trip and out of the blue she was complaining about "Air Fuck" (her exact words) and I was like... what? There's like a dozen airlines that is "Air *something*" so I have no idea what "Air Fuck" could refer to. Or talking about manicures, which was fine, then saying she'd get blood red ones to express her fuckstration. Hm..... it's getting a bit tiring. Negativity fatigue?
My boss' plan of giving me a pay rise has been banned by the company. HR called me to say "company business is not good," which, come on, I've worked here for almost 20 years, I know that for a fact, and had you just said this reason, I wouldn't be as annoyed. The next thing she said "we couldn't see your job scope having increased," this annoyed me. Oh right? Fine. So all the loose ends, odd jobs that nobody seemed to want to pick up but I did? Technically not in my job scope, so I'm not doing it anymore. If they come around and ask me why I'm not doing what I've been doing? I'll ask them to point that out where in my job scope mentioned that. And when I asked "Are you going to inform my boss?" She went "i didn't receive any communication from your boss, so I'm not going to send a reply to him." WTF? So who was that pay rise form submitted initiated by? Myself? My boss did it, and that is proof of a communication, no?
And refusing to provide a written trail of communication? Fine. I'll write it myself. No response so far.
But it's fine. That's all fine. I'm playing the long game. Let's see how this further develops.
Dad's been having some more memory issues, but the funny thing is when he went to the hospital for a check (whatever type of check that is), he was actually more alert and sprightly than ever. The only thing is couldn't successfully do was recite 100 minus 7 for 4 times. Heck, I don't think I could do it either. The first 93 is easy. Next is 86 maybe. Then 79? 72? 65? But i have time now to think about it. If i were on the spot to answer that verbally, I know I wouldn't be able to do it either.
On his other check up, the doctor seemed to have seen something and asked for more tests. Mom is already getting worried and is talking about his cancer coming back and spreading. I'm just telling her "you don't really know that so just wait until the doctor says something." Why worry beforehand?
Book-wise, I haven't read much. Haven't been feeling it lately.

no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 12:52 (UTC)=======
Never could understand the logic of refusal of salary increase by excuse of "business is slow" or somthing like that. What is extra 2-3-5k a year on the scale of company's operational cost? Is it that close to go bankrupt? I bet paper for printers costs more. I think "italian strike" is a right way to deal with it.
======
Thanks, for update! Always good to hear from you.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 14:10 (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 15:08 (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 15:04 (UTC)Muscle weighs more than fat, so it could very well be that you're slimmer. I tend to go by how my clothes fit, rather than my weight.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 14:07 (UTC)